Encompass HK SDG Camp is a 5-day day camp with a series of stimulating and engaging experiences for students to develop their body and mind while they gain a better understanding of the environment and society in Hong Kong, as guided by the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) framework. The skills and knowledge developed are transferable when they engage with the wider world.
Campers will be encouraged to challenge new things and challenge themselves by design-thinking, critical-thinking and engagement through dialogues and exercises on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) implementation. In the camp, youth campers can design and implement solutions to accelerate progress on the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development in the Decade of Action ahead. Summer Camp modules will build core skills and shape essential mindsets among the selected youth. Youth will also get a chance to learn about international culture through interacting with our international camp counsellors.
5 Day Program at a glance
- 2030 SDGs Game and Design Thinking
- Yim Tin Tsai kayaking tour with UNESCO church and salt pan
- Farming in Mui Wo – Food for health and food for thought
- Sham Shui Po – Understanding local inequality and urban issues
- SDG City Hunt – SDGs exploration in urban jungles
- Age: 13 to 16 years old
- Period: April 4-8 OR April 11-15 2022, Monday to Friday
- Camp Fee: HKD 5,500 including all programs, lunch, insurance, equipment
- Eligible applicants: any student (age 13-16) who studies in Hong Kong
- Certificate: Students who have completed the SDG Camp successfully will be
awarded a certificate.
- Instruction Medium: All camps are conducted in English.
Our staff are a highly qualified team of responsible facilitators committed to ensure enjoyable camp experience to the campers. Camp leaders are experienced outdoor instructors with qualified first-aid experience. Camp counselors are Undergraduate students with an international background from HKUST, HKU, CUHK or overseas universities. The staff to camper ratio is an average of 2 : 12
Our counsellors are global-minded, having lived overseas or traveled extensively. They are carefully selected for their ability to relate to young participants and share their world views. All counsellors will be trained with our experiential-learning approach and teaching philosophy so they can be the role-models for our young participants.